| Our Assortment Kit Includes:
- (12) M5 x 0.8 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (12) M6 x 1 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (10) M8 x 1.25 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (10) M8 x 1 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (10) M10 x 1.5 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (10) M10 x 1.25 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (6) M12 x 1.75 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
- (6) M12 x 1.25 Thin Wall Carbon Steel Inserts
Locking Thread Inserts are an ideal solution to repair stripped,
damaged and worn threads or to provide thread reinforcement in a weaker
parent material, especially when the mating stud or bolt will be
removed frequently. They provide strong, permanent threads in
virtually any material - ferrous, non-ferrous, or non-metallic. The
insert's locking keys are driven down into the tapped threads of the
parent material during installation creating a positive mechanical lock
that prevents rotation due to vibration or torsion.
Key Inserts have a smaller external thread size than standard heavy
duty inserts, making them the perfect solution for tight spaces where
less pull-out strength is acceptable.
Instructions (After Drilling & Tapping):
Key Locking Thread Inserts are also known as:
- Engage insert keys into vertical slots of the installation tool.
- Screw insert into part and flush with top of the part.
- Lift - Rotate tool. Hole fits over the keys. Drive down as far as possible.
- Turn tool until timing mark lines up with key. Drive until keys even with top of insert.
Key Locking Inserts are interchangeable with other brands of inserts
and tooling such as Keenserts, Keyserts, and other standard Key Type
Inserts so rest assured that you can make an easy and accurate
transition to our Rock Solid line of Key Locking Inserts from
Chrislynn. Step up to quality and value with this Made in the USA product.
- Keenserts ®
- Keyserts ®
- K-Type Inserts
Available Modifications to our Key Inserts:
For a comprehensive list of our available options, please visit our Key Locking Thread Insert summary page or call us toll free at (888) 835-0868.
- Material - Carbon Steel, 303 Stainless Steel, 316 Stainless Steel, A286 Stainless, 4140 Alloy, Nitronic 60
- Coatings - Dry Film, Cadmium, Silver Plating
- Wall Thickness - Thin Wall, Heavy Duty Wall, Extra Heavy Duty Wall, Solid Blank (Outside Thread Only), Miniatures
- Types - Free Running (Only External Lock), Locking (Both Internal & External Lock)
- MS/NAS Certified
- Produced to the following standards: MS51830, MS51831, MS51832,
NAS1394, NAS1395, NA0146, NA0147, NA0148, NA0149, NA0150, NA0151.