Key Locking Inserts
Key Locking Thread Inserts are solid inserts that are threaded both internally and externally with wedges or keys attached to the top of the insert. After the insert has been screwed into the parent material, the insert's locking keys are driven down into the tapped threads of the parent material during installation creating a positive mechanical lock that prevents rotation due to vibration or torsion.
Key Locking Thread Inserts are an ideal solution to repair stripped, damaged and worn threads or to provide thread reinforcement in a weaker parent material, especially when the mating stud or bolt will be removed frequently. They provide strong, permanent threads in virtually any material - ferrous, non-ferrous, or non-metallic. Their external thread design provides maximum pull-out strength with a minimal outside diameter.
Our Key Locking Inserts are interchangeable with other brands of inserts and tooling such as Keenserts, Keyserts, and other standard Key Type Inserts so rest assured that you can make an easy and accurate transition to our Rock Solid line of Key Locking Inserts. Step up to quality and value with this Made in the USA product.
- Material - Carbon Steel, 303 316 A286 SST, 4140 Alloy, Nitronic 60
- Coatings - Dry Film, Cadmium, Silver Plating
- Wall Thickness - Thin, Heavy Duty, Extra Heavy Duty, Solid
- Types - Free Running (External Lock), Locking (Internal & External Lock)
- MS Certified - MS51830, MS51831, MS51832
- NAS Certified - NAS1394, NAS1395, NA0146, NA0147, NA0148, NA0149, NA0150, NA0151
Please click on one of the following Thread Types for more information...