E-Z LOK Thread Inserts
E-Z LOK Threaded Inserts are an ideal solution to repair stripped, damaged and worn threads or to provide thread reinforcement in a weaker parent material. Screw machined out of solid carbon or stainless steel, they provide strong permanent threads in a variety of housing materials including steel, aluminum, cast iron and magnesium.
External threads are standard size and pitch to permit use of standard drills and taps. No special drills, taps, or installation tools are required!
Installation is as as easy as 1-2-3!
(1) Drill hole with standard drill.
(2) Tap hole with standard tap.
(3) Turn insert home with a screwdriver, bolt & jam nut or E-Z LOK Drive Tool.
E-Z LOK inserts will not back out or vibrate loose. Immediately upon installation, dry encapsulated Loctite begins to set and the newly installed insert part is fastener ready within minutes. When fully cured at 72 hours, the Loctite seals against liquids and gases to pressures of 6,000 psi.
- Material - Carbon Steel, 303 Stainless Steel
- Wall Thickness - Thin, Heavy Duty, Extra Heavy Duty