ATEX Certified Explosion Proof Thread Adapter
where the thread size of the cable gland or connection device is larger
than, or of an equivalent size, to the entry thread of the enclosure.
Ex approval maintains hazardous location
certification and the overall integrity of the installation.
This Adapter will convert holes which fit size M20 x 1.5 male threads to a female 3/4-14 NPT threaded hub. Comes standard with a Nitrile O-Ring.
Designed for use within the hazardous locations present in oil, gas and petrochemical installations. They are also commonly used in Industrial & Commercial applications in place of standard industrial grade adapters providing a quick and easy solution when connecting to international components or machinery.
Proudly made in the USA!
|Dimensions in millimeters (mm)|
M20 x 1.5
Product Approvals & Specifications:
- ATEX/IEC: Exd IIC Gb & Exe IIC Gb & Ex tb IIIC Db IP6X
- IEC/EN 60079-0, IEC/EN 60079-1, IEC/EN 60079-7, IEC/EN 60079-7
- NEC/CEC: Class I, Division 1 Groups ABCD
Class II, Division 1, Groups EFG; Class III
- UL1203, UL514B, UL50
- C22.2 Nos. 30, 0.5, 0-M, 45, 18.3-04, 94-M91
- AExd IIC / AExe II Class I, Zone 1
- UL2279, UL60079-0, UL60079-1, UL60079-7, UL60079-1-1
- E60079-0, E60079-1, E60079-7, E60079-1-1
- Thread Gauging
- Metric: 1.5mm Pitch Medium Fit 6g/H
- (Sizes M80 and larger are 2.0mm pitch as Standard)
- NPT: Male L1 +/-1 Turn
- Female L1+ 1/2 to + 2 Turns
- Other Thread Forms Available on Application
- Material Options
- Nickel Plated Brass 'N' (-100 to + 150°C)
- 316 Stainless Steel 'S' (-100 to +850°C)
- O-Ring Options
- Nitrile (-30 to +90°C)
- Silicone (-50 to +230°C)
- Nitrile O-Ring supplied as standard on versions with parallel male threads
- Ingress Protection
- With O-Ring IP66/IP68, NEMA 4X
- With Thread Sealant (Non-Hardening) IP66/IP68, NEMA 4X
- Without O-Ring or Thread Sealant IP54
- Clearance Holes: Adapter is certified for Exe clearance hole
applications, Type 'L1' locknuts are required to secure the installation.
Competitor Cross Reference:
Redapt P/N: AD-U-1-1-04-30
Looking for a different size or material? Other Ex fittings?
Please check out our line of Explosion Proof Fittings or call (888) 835-0868